PANEL: Interoperability & Population Health
Horizon BCBS New Jersey, UC Davis, and Wellstar discuss future of interoperability and population health
View the recording
Interoperability experts Cris Ross (CIO, Mayo Clinic), Hayes Abrams (Executive Director of Network Strategy & Implementation, HCSC), and Dr. Tim Bartholow (CMO, WEA Trust/Health Tradition/NeuGen) ended Part I of Bluetree’s three-part webinar series with a very important question: Do we not have enough data to achieve interoperability, or are we not using the data we have efficiently? Instead of putting the necessary data at our providers’ fingertips are we just putting up “more haystacks” for them to search through?
Join us for Part II of our series, as we bring together experts on opposite sides of the issue to discuss whether interoperability is the key to improved quality, decreased costs, and increased patient engagement. Our panelists will discuss the future of population health and the role of interoperability in the delivery of care and the switch from volume to value.
- Steven R. Peskin, MD, MBA, MACP (Executive Medical Director Population Health, Horizon BCBSNJ)
- Jeffery Wajda DO, MS, FACEP (CMIO, UC Davis Health)
- Chirag Patel, MD (AVP, Medical Director Population Health, Clinical Integration, Wellstar Health System)
Our learning objectives:
- Is interoperability key to successful population health? If it is, how do you maximize the value of interoperability? How do you incorporate interoperability data into care delivery workflows to improve quality, decrease costs, reduce clinician burnout, and increase patient engagement?
- Will the pandemic and other pushes for value-based care (i.e. CMS’ Geo model, the rise in managed Medicaid) push the U.S. from volume to value at a quicker pace? How can organizations prepare and be successful?
- What does the future of population health look like? Are proper incentives from alternative payment models necessary to make it happen?